I’m not sure if it’s the pandemic, global warming, or the audacity of people, but 2021 was on some bullshit. It was a hard year with good moments sprinkled throughout. Anyway, despite the chaos, I want to wrap up 2021 with some highlights and lessons I learned.
- I refinanced my house for a much lower interest rate + monthly payment.
- Won bitcoin and stock from CashApp.
- Prioritized my mental health.
- FINALLY found bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Scandal.
- I’ve been trying to find this lipcolor for at least 2 years. Thank you, Ulta!
- I applied and got accepted to WGU‘s B.S. Health Information Management program! I start on January 1, 2022. I need all the well wishes I can get, lol!
- Ordered an outdoor sectional sofa set from Home Depot.
- This may not seem major, but considering how quickly outdoor furniture has sold out the last 2 years, I’m very happy about this, lol!
Don’t overthink time management
- I can get a lot done in 15-30 minutes than I can in an hour, where I can get sidetracked and end up wasting time.
- Something I learned in therapy was to create and maintain boundaries to protect my peace. By no means was it easy, but it sure has changed my life for the better.
- Also, you’d be surprised how people react when you tell them “No”. Quite interesting to say the least.
Trust your intuition
- Lemme tell you something, my intuition has saved my ass several times this year alone.
- I can’t say this enough, when your intuition taps you on the shoulder, LISTEN TO IT! It won’t steer you wrong, I promise you.
- Screw the hustle mentality. When I’m tired, I’m resting.
- When I plan out my week, I make sure that at least one day out of the week is a rest day.
Pour into those who pour into you
- I’m forever grateful to my circle of friends and family. They’re very special to me. I love them to the moon and back.
Cheers to the end of 2021 and welcome 2022. What are your 2021 highlights and lessons learned? I’d love to hear about them. If you want to check out my previous wrap-ups, click here.
See you in 2022!