I love Home Depot. I treat the store like Target. I’ll go in, usually with no list, and just peruse the aisles for whatever may catch my eye. I’ll scan the item using the app and add it to the applicable wish list. It’s my 2nd happy place (I’m sure you can guess which one is my first happy place).
Anyhoo, I wanted to share some of my favorite Home Depot Finds with you just in case you want to, you know, peruse the aisles😉
Each month, I put a drain strip down my kitchen sink, shower drain, and bathroom sink to clear out the gunk that may develop. They’re great for septic systems and are non-corrosive.
During the summer, my bathroom and master bedroom get pretty humid. It’s perfect for smaller spaces & comes in several scents including unscented. Heads up: The moisture absorber and the refill bags tend to go in and out of stock.
I brought the color-changing bulbs to work through Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It was easy to pair the bulbs with the Wiz app. You can also create schedules for your light bulbs, which is helpful.
A broom?! Yes, a broom. All brooms are not the same. The dustpan has a rubber piece across the bottom that prevents everything from falling out. The angle of the broom is great for corners and tight spaces.
I hope you find something new to check out. What are your favorite Home Depot finds? I’d love to hear about them.
When I brainstormed my mantra for 2022, I wanted to choose a word that would shift my mindset:
To achieve a goal, I not only have to make a plan, but I also have to follow through on the plan. Oftentimes, I tend to not follow through on my plans. Not this year. This year, I’m getting my shit together.
What’s so special about this year?
I’m doing a lot of things this year that are long overdue, one being that I’m going back to school for another bachelor’s degree (I’ll talk about that later at some point). It’s not going to be easy by any means, but it’s a key component of a bigger plan.
To sum it all up, I want to hold myself accountable this year. No more excuses, no matter how much it scares me.
Until next time,
I’m not sure if it’s the pandemic, global warming, or the audacity of people, but 2021 was on some bullshit. It was a hard year with good moments sprinkled throughout. Anyway, despite the chaos, I want to wrap up 2021 with some highlights and lessons I learned.
- I refinanced my house for a much lower interest rate + monthly payment.
- Won bitcoin and stock from CashApp.
- Prioritized my mental health.
- FINALLY found bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Scandal.
- I’ve been trying to find this lipcolor for at least 2 years. Thank you, Ulta!
- I applied and got accepted to WGU‘s B.S. Health Information Management program! I start on January 1, 2022. I need all the well wishes I can get, lol!
- Ordered an outdoor sectional sofa set from Home Depot.
- This may not seem major, but considering how quickly outdoor furniture has sold out the last 2 years, I’m very happy about this, lol!
Don’t overthink time management
- I can get a lot done in 15-30 minutes than I can in an hour, where I can get sidetracked and end up wasting time.
- Something I learned in therapy was to create and maintain boundaries to protect my peace. By no means was it easy, but it sure has changed my life for the better.
- Also, you’d be surprised how people react when you tell them “No”. Quite interesting to say the least.
Trust your intuition
- Lemme tell you something, my intuition has saved my ass several times this year alone.
- I can’t say this enough, when your intuition taps you on the shoulder, LISTEN TO IT! It won’t steer you wrong, I promise you.
- Screw the hustle mentality. When I’m tired, I’m resting.
- When I plan out my week, I make sure that at least one day out of the week is a rest day.
Pour into those who pour into you
- I’m forever grateful to my circle of friends and family. They’re very special to me. I love them to the moon and back.
Cheers to the end of 2021 and welcome 2022. What are your 2021 highlights and lessons learned? I’d love to hear about them. If you want to check out my previous wrap-ups, click here.
See you in 2022!