Recently, I observed a conversation between two men. Whatever they were talking about appeared to be interesting. They were talking with their hands and laughing quite a bit. They kind of made me wish I was a bit closer so I could eavesdrop (I know I’m not the only one that does that).
In the midst of their conversation, the woman behind them decided to insert herself into the conversation.
I kid you not, Nosey Nadine turned her dirty neck around (yes, her neck was dirty) and started talking. Clearly puzzled, the two men just stared at each other. After a brief pause one of the men informed Nosey Nadine that nobody asked her for her two cents.
I’m flabbergasted. You insert YOURSELF into MY conversation, then have the audacity to get upset when I tell you to mind your business?? If you have the time to butt into my business, I hope your business is in order. The time and energy you spend being nosey is time and energy you could devote to your own life.
Fall is in full swing. Despite my allergies/sinuses being all over the place, I’m extremely excited for the next couple months of cooler weather.
1. Combat Boots
– Cooler weather brings boots. Combat boots are my shoe of choice. Paired with some skinny jeans, a light sweater/sweatshirt, and cute boot socks, I’m in heaven.
2. Hot Chocolate
– I’m a huge dark chocolate fan! Hunkering down on the sofa wrapped up in a blanket with a hot mug of dark chocolate hot cocoa is perfection during this time of year. Hold the marshmallows though.
3. Stews/Soups/Crockpot Goodness
– Chillier air calls for heavier meals in my house, specifically stews and soups. With sunset occurring early, cooking these meals with a crockpot is mandatory. I have a ton of stew and soup recipes on my Pinterest page.
4. Taking photos of all the color changes.
– When the leaves start to change colors before they fall, I put my camera to good use. It’s the last splash of color from Mother Nature until Spring. *insert loud sigh here*
5. Jumping in leaf piles
– Once I’m done taking photos of the pretty leaves, I release my inner child and jump in piles of leaves. Don’t judge me. We all have to indulge our inner child once in a while.
6. Rainy days/nights
– Rain + cool weather = Pure Bliss. Enough said.
7. Snuggle weather
– Cool weather = Get cozy with a comfy blanket of your choice. Feel free to substitute or add your favorite snuggle buddy to that equation.
8. Apple everything!
– Most people associate this season with all pumpkin everything. I, however, obsess over apples. Fried apples, apple crumble, apple pie, apple pie smoothies, apple cider, etc.
9. Dark lipstick/glosses
– I don’t even wear makeup, but I LOVES me some dark lipstick/lip gloss. I have a dark purple in my arsenal already, but my makeup board on Pinterest has me adding a black lipstick to my shopping list.
10. All my favorite shows come back to TV!!!
– When you’re a dedicated fan of a TV show, having to wait alllll summer for its return is painful. Thankfully Scandal, Greys’s Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder, and Empire have already premiered for the fall. Just waiting on The Walking Dead, American Horror Story: Hotel, and The Blacklist.
Tell me, are you looking forward to the start of fall? If yes, let me know what a few of your favorite things about fall. If no, tell me why you aren’t excited about the change in season.
Blogging is stressful. I’ve spent so much time living in my head, asking myself the same things over and over and over again.
Why aren’t my views higher?
Why aren’t people commenting?
Do readers think I’m boring?
What am I doing wrong?
Are my posts too short?
Self-doubt really screwed with my confidence as a blogger. I knew someone out there would understand what I was blogging about. Yet, a teeny, tiny part of me just couldn’t resist the urge to compare myself to other bloggers.
Q1: Let's go! What does self-doubt look like to you? #createlounge
— Kayla Hollatz (@kayla_hollatz) September 10, 2015
Answering this question wasn’t an issue, considering self-doubt and I have battled each other for years.
A1) Self-doubt to me is a rabbit hole to self-sabotage. I try really hard not to go down that rabbit hole. #createlounge
— APessimistInRecovery (@MsWalton) September 10, 2015
Devoting time and energy running a race that’s all in your head isn’t getting you any closer to your goals. You’re doing yourself such a HUGE disservice.
I’ve been a blogger for seven years. One of the most important things I’ve learned is that you have to stay organized as much as possible. In my case, the more things I have to keep me organized, the better my sanity.
So, I wanted to share with you a few things I use to keep myself organized. Enjoy!
My love for Evernote will never falter (click here and here for proof). When it comes to blogging, I have several notebooks for various aspects of blogging. One is for recording blog post ideas, one is for blogging tips I find, and the other one is for things about the business of blogging. I use Evernote’s Web Clipper for the latter two.
Moleskine Cahier Journals
Even with all the advancements in technology, I’m still a pen and paper lover. When I shop for notebooks, I want something small and durable. After doing a bit of research, I purchased a three-pack of pocket-sized Moleskine Cahier Journals. Well worth the money, I promise.
EPIC BLOG: One-Year Editorial Planner
My bestie Amber at Climb Out of the Cubicle gifted me with the EPIC BLOG: One-Year Editorial Planner by Regina Anaejionu my birthday. This is planner is SO DOPE! I love that there’s a section for you to document your blog’s stats at the end of each month. One more reason for me to love Regina. Seriously, she’s dope as hell!
Paper Mate EraseMate Pens
I just discovered erasable ink pens last year. pauses for gasps of shock I know, I know, where have I been all this time?? These erasable pens by Paper Mate come in six colors (red, black, blue, pink, turquoise, and purple) and practically eliminate my dependence on correction fluid.
Sidenote: Don’t use these pens to complete any sort of applications/legal documents that involve a signature.
I can’t always be around my laptop or tablet. Having the WordPress app installed on my Android phone allows me to blog while on the go. I can see my stats and comments. Not only can I write a new post, but the app also has my drafted, scheduled, and published blog posts available. The only downside to the app is that all blog posts are grouped together vs. being separated. Other than that, the app is pretty useful.
Social Media Sites
Social media is a huge source of inspiration for this blog. Usually, I’m avoiding doing work by going on my social media accounts (specifically Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest). It’s a great tool for breaking out of writer’s block and learning new blogging tips/tricks.
Did you find these tools useful? What are some tools that you use to keep your blog organized and keep your sanity intact? I would love to hear from you. Let’s discuss in the comments.
I like to think that the Universe knows what’s next. Not only does she (yes, the Universe that I speak to is a woman) know what’s next, but she also doesn’t share her plans. As someone who loathes surprises, even I know that everything isn’t within my control.
While I’m at peace with knowing that I’m not in control, a tiny part of me can’t stop wondering “what if?”. If the Universe provided us with a sneak peek of her plans, what would be the end result?
Would we still fulfill her plans?
Would the plans fall apart?
I had to learn the hard way that a lot of my best memories came when I didn’t have control. For example, it took me almost 10 years to get my bachelor’s degree. That wasn’t part of my plan. However, as I mentioned earlier, I don’t have control over everything. None of us do.
Which brings me to this question:
Are all the Universe’s plans supposed to be fulfilled?
Yes, I got my bachelor’s degree, but the journey to getting it took almost 10 years. That journey was full of valuable life lessons that I wouldn’t change for the world. Perhaps this was the Universe’s plan for me. What if she wanted me to get the degree all along, but follow a different path to get it?
The next time you find yourself questioning why things aren’t going the way you planned, remember might not be the only one fighting for the steering wheel.