This summer has been one for the books. With the evenings getting cooler, I’m starting to prepare myself and my home for the cold months ahead. I wasn’t too prepared last year and felt bleh.
I started thinking about what I want my home to look and feel like during the cooler months in July. I knew I wanted it to feel cozy all around. To get that coziness, I realized that I needed to enhance the senses.
How do I enhance the senses?
I’m a big fan of the “small change yields big results” mentality. Here are a few things I’ve done + plan to do:
- I purchased these Philips color-changing Wi-fi light bulbs.
- I brought these bulbs to add some color to my home. The Wiz app that operates these bulbs has a Schedules feature where I can put the bulbs on an alarm to wake me up with the bulb color of my choice. Much more gentle than waking up in darkness.
- Add more texture.
- I want to buy some faux sheepskin rugs like this one from IKEA.
- I want to get some slipcovers for my sofa and loveseat in a velvet or velvet-like texture.
- Bring nature inside.
- I’ve been purchasing houseplants throughout the spring and summer. My favorite places to buy houseplants are Lowe’s, Home Depot, local greenhouses, and nurseries.
- Smell goods
- I’ve accumulated quite the stockpile of smell goods. As of this post I have fabric sprays, room sprays, oil plugins, and candles. I can’t wait to amp up the cozy factor.
Do you prepare your home for the colder months? If yes, what do you do to get ready? I’d love to know.
Until next time,