Fall is in full swing. Despite my allergies/sinuses being all over the place, I’m extremely excited for the next couple months of cooler weather.
1. Combat Boots
– Cooler weather brings boots. Combat boots are my shoe of choice. Paired with some skinny jeans, a light sweater/sweatshirt, and cute boot socks, I’m in heaven.
2. Hot Chocolate
– I’m a huge dark chocolate fan! Hunkering down on the sofa wrapped up in a blanket with a hot mug of dark chocolate hot cocoa is perfection during this time of year. Hold the marshmallows though.
3. Stews/Soups/Crockpot Goodness
– Chillier air calls for heavier meals in my house, specifically stews and soups. With sunset occurring early, cooking these meals with a crockpot is mandatory. I have a ton of stew and soup recipes on my Pinterest page.
4. Taking photos of all the color changes.
– When the leaves start to change colors before they fall, I put my camera to good use. It’s the last splash of color from Mother Nature until Spring. *insert loud sigh here*
5. Jumping in leaf piles
– Once I’m done taking photos of the pretty leaves, I release my inner child and jump in piles of leaves. Don’t judge me. We all have to indulge our inner child once in a while.
6. Rainy days/nights
– Rain + cool weather = Pure Bliss. Enough said.
7. Snuggle weather
– Cool weather = Get cozy with a comfy blanket of your choice. Feel free to substitute or add your favorite snuggle buddy to that equation.
8. Apple everything!
– Most people associate this season with all pumpkin everything. I, however, obsess over apples. Fried apples, apple crumble, apple pie, apple pie smoothies, apple cider, etc.
9. Dark lipstick/glosses
– I don’t even wear makeup, but I LOVES me some dark lipstick/lip gloss. I have a dark purple in my arsenal already, but my makeup board on Pinterest has me adding a black lipstick to my shopping list.
10. All my favorite shows come back to TV!!!
– When you’re a dedicated fan of a TV show, having to wait alllll summer for its return is painful. Thankfully Scandal, Greys’s Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder, and Empire have already premiered for the fall. Just waiting on The Walking Dead, American Horror Story: Hotel, and The Blacklist.
Tell me, are you looking forward to the start of fall? If yes, let me know what a few of your favorite things about fall. If no, tell me why you aren’t excited about the change in season.